The 3rd FOOMA Award 2024
Founded in 2022, the FOOMA Award aims to stimulate food machinery technological research and development and disseminate that technology. Its goal is to spread awareness of excellent machinery and equipment, to promote productivity, resolve labor shortages and contribute to development of new food products, thereby playing a part in improving food culture and food safety. The 3rd FOOMA Award will be held in 2024 for FOOMA JAPAN 2024 exhibitors.
FOOMA Award Overview
||FOOMA JAPAN exhibitors that manufacture the submitted products
||Machinery, equipment, and production lines for manufacturing food products
Related machinery incorporated into food production lines
Instrumentation and ancillary equipment in the food manufacturing process
Various systems to support food production
|Type of Award
||Grand Prize, Excellence Prize, FOOMA Award Judging Committee Prize
|Closing date for submissions
||No later than (Wednesday) January 31, 2024
Purpose of the Event
The Japan Food Machinery Manufacturers' Association (hereinafter, JFMMA) founded the FOOMA Award in 2022 to honor and recognize outstanding food machinery and equipment.
The food processing and machinery industry plays an important role, not only in Japan, but also in diverse food cultures around the world. Through this awards system, we aim to improve food industry productivity and contribute to new food development with solutions for various issues such as manpower reduction, by raising awareness of outstanding food machinery and equipment in the wider food industry, in order to stimulate research and development into food machinery and spread technology, thereby playing a part in advancing food culture and food safety.
Judging will be done by the FOOMA Award judging committee composed of third-party experts.
Moreover, committee members shall have a duty of confidentiality preventing disclosure of information obtained from judging activities. We ask for your understanding as applications cannot be returned regardless of the result.
Announcement of commendation and prize-winning products
An award ceremony will be held during FOOMA JAPAN 2024. Prize-winning products will be announced to the Press and publicized on the JFMMA website and FOOMA JAPAN 2024 official website.
Products which receive the top prize and prize for excellence will also be displayed on a panel in the product presentation corner during the exhibition.
Type of Prize, etc.
||Number of prize-winning products
||Products with an extremely high overall rating
||Trophies and shields
|Prize for Excellence
||1 or more products
||Products with a high overall rating
|FOOMA Award Judging Committee
||0 or more products
||Products with superior features, that have great future prospects or excellent development concepts
*Prize winners logo usage rights: We will have the right to use JFMMA recognized prize-winning product logos on any media, such as machinery, catalogues, websites, etc. for 5 years.
Terms of application will be published on the official website as soon as they are decided.
The Japan Food Machinery Manufacturers' Association
Phone: +81 (3) 5484-0981
Products awarded the 2nd FOOMA Award 2023
The FOOMA Award is intended to stimulate food machinery technological research and development as well as technology dissemination. The goal of this initiative is to publicize excellent food machinery and equipment, to promote the productivity and labor saving in the food industry, and to develop new food products, thereby contributing to further improvement of food culture and food safety.
Products are nominated for the Grand Prize after a rigorous selection process among 41 submitted products. Then, actual machines are inspected and the Grand Prize, Prize for Excellence, Judging Committee Prize, and FOOMA Award special prize are decided.
We displayed each winning product on a panel at the award-winning company’s booth.
The Grand Prize of 2nd FOOMA Award 2023
The Grand Prize
- 2-30 Saijonishihonmachi, Higashihiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8602
Beltuza Spectra （CSX600BW）
Belt Optical Sorter
Through X-rays and AI, it identifies and accurately sorts partially thinned or worm-eaten raw materials.
- An optical sorter is a device that uses compressed air to remove defective products such as colored and foreign matter from raw materials such as cereals and nuts.
- In addition to the conventional machine’s visible light and near-infrared band, it uses X-ray band data to cover appearance, composition, and interior view with one unit.
- The X-ray sorting process utilizes AI, to identify and accurately sort partially thin or worm-eaten raw materials.
2023 FOOMA Award Special Prize of 2nd FOOMA Award 2023
FOOMA Award Special Prize
SUZUMO MACHINERY CO., LTD.
Nakano Central Park East 6F, 4-10-1 Nakano, Nakano, Tokyo 164-0001
Feeder Line of Rice Filler Container
(Line of Rice Filler (ESM-RSB) and Container Feeder (ESM-CSC))
Completed at the push of a button. Designed to save labor in the food industry, it supports a variety of “conditions of rice” and “container shapes”.
- Rice feeder (ESM-RSB) and container feeder (ESM-OSC) lines
- A device that places cooked rice in bento boxes.
- Automation of rice serving previously done by hand.
- Compatible with containers of various shapes, sizes and material.
- Rice servings are tailored to the container shape.
- Each machine part is automatically adjusted by using a touch panel to choose and switch between types of lunchbox.
- It gently serves the rice using a flexible measuring container and precision blade that doesn’t damage the rice grains.
- Food waste is reduced with high weighing accuracy by preventing occurrence of non-standard products.
The Excellence Prizeof 2nd FOOMA Award 2023
The Excellence Prize
- 2-13 Aketa-cho, Takatsuki, Osaka 569-0806
UV Laser Printer for Packaging Film
UV Laser Printer for Packaging Film
Consumables cost zero Downtime zero Faded print zero
- Daily consumable costs are zero, as ink ribbons are not used. Moreover, downtime that conventionally occurred from changing ribbons, etc. is zero, which has helped increase production rates.
- We can have print that never disappears even if it comes into contact with water, powder, oil, etc. in the pre-printing process; with boiling water or alcohol in the post-printing process; or is chafed during transportation, etc.
- Realizes the same ultra-compact head as a conventional thermal printer.
- This UV laser printer can, of course, be applied for the same packaging film you have previously been using.
CONNECTED ROBOTICS INC.
- 5-4-1 Kajino-cho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-0002
Deli Filler Robot
The first robot in the delicatessen industry to support automation by grasping a fixed amount of irregularly-shaped items and arranging them on a tray.
- A robot that supports the delicatessen industry plating process, where productivity is lower than other food sectors and automation has been slow to catch on.
- It automates preparation by measuring a pre-determined weight of irregularly shaped foodstuffs like potato salad or hijiki seaweed, before grasping them and arranging them on product trays.
- Components can be swapped in minutes to serve different types of dish, and one robot can arrange a variety of side dishes on different-sized trays.
- Taking up the same room as one person, it can do the work of more than one person.
SHINAGAWA MACHINERY WORKS CO., LTD.
508 Yao, Tawaramoto-cho, Shiki-gun, Nara 636-0311
Auto-Navi Vacuum Cooler
A device that emulates the ideal cooling temperature to vacuum cool heated products.
- We have developed and improved the auto-navigator cooling system, which aims to vacuum cool any foodstuff, via “smart vacuum cooling.”
- It can control the boiling point of food products considered unsuitable for vacuum cooling, such as liquids and cooked rice, whose deterioration and texture are a problem when vacuum cooling.
- In addition, installation on a pass-through type equipment with automatic ingredient transporting feature is possible, since it automates the conventionally manually handled vacuum cooling process.
NAKAI MACHINERY CO., LTD.
- 1009-3 Ukizuka, Yashio, Saitama 340-0835
Hot Mix with Automatic Distributor
(THM-100, Head Lifting Type with Whipping Sensor)
Vertical Mixer for Food
Automatic vertical food mixer equipped with a sensor that can measure product temperature and relative density in real time and an automatic weighing and feeding device.
- The relative density and temperature of the sponge dough can be measured in real time by a whisk sensor without stopping the machine.
- The machine operates automatically by targeting the relative density and temperature of the product.
- Its IH heater enables precise temperature regulation and control. No need for additional equipment, such as a burner.
- Its automatic weighing and feeding device can measure and deposit a pre-set weight of dough into a bowl.
- It can be programed for each product, which prevents inconsistencies in timings.
- The work of weighing, adding and mixing ingredients, and assessing the end product, can be done in one process with no expertise needed.
HIRANO WORKS CO., LTD.
B-4 Yako Industrial Park, Sakae-machi, Imba-gun, Chiba 270-1501
Automatic Pineapple Cutter
Peeler, Corer, and Both Ends Cutter for Pineapple
Cuts 1 pineapple in about 5 seconds. A fully-automated machine that can peel, core and cut the ends off a pineapple in 3 stages with one unit.
- It helps save labor by automating work once done in 2 processes by 3 or more people to 1 process by 1 person.
- It greatly increases production by processing about 720 pineapples per hour (1 pineapple in about 5 seconds).
- Equipped with blades that were developed, designed and manufactured in-house, and honed to perfection.
- It performs a simple operation with safety considerations, such as installation of a light curtain, taken into account.
- The blade size can be adjusted to the size of fruit, or to the presence or absence of a core in the cut fruit, meeting specific customer demands.
- This outstanding technology was patented in 2022 for its novelty and invention.
Judging Committee Prize of 2nd FOOMA Award 2022
Judging Committee Prize
ISHIDA CO., LTD.
- 959-1 SHIMOMAGARI RITTO SHIGA 520-3026 JAPAN 520-3026
Automatic Case Packer
Shikoku Kakoki Co., Ltd.
NX-Ningyocho Bldg. 4F 2-26-5 Nihonbashi Ningyocho Chuoku Tokyo Japan 103-0013
Blow fill system for small PET bottles
4-2-12, Yurigaoka, Umi-machi kasuya-gun, Fukuoka 811-2108
TSUKASA INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 178 Nakauma-cho, Handa-city, Aichi, JAPAN 475-8550
Divider Scale Hybrid Model/CE Model
NIPPON CAREER INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
- 980-5 Higashihabu-machi, Matsuyama-city, Ehime 791-8043
Mince Packer Line
HITEC CO., LTD. HEAD OFFICE
- 2565-8 NAGATSUTA-CHO, MIDORIKU, YOKOHAMA, 226-0026, JAPAN 226-0026
VARIABLE LOOP INTERVAL STICKING DEVICE
Burkert JAPAN Ltd.
1-12-15 Suido, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0005
- Nihombashi Kato Bldg. 8F, 2-1-14, Nihombashi, Chuoh-ku, Tokyo 103-0027 Japan 103-0027
Mohno Pump hygienicseries
YANAGIYA MACHINERY CO., LTD.
- 189-18 Yoshiwa, Ube-shi, Yamaguchi JAPAN 759-0134
Yamamoto Vinita Co., Ltd.
- 6-3-12, Ueshio, Tennoji-ku, Osaka 543-0002 Japan 543-0002
WATANABE FOODMACH CO., LTD.
- 2-12-26 Tsuyuhashi, Nakagawa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi, JAPAN 454-8527
FOOMA Award Past Recipients